Malaysia in January and February : where to go? what to do? weather ?
Going to Malaysia in January can be interesting for several types of profiles.
But before that, it is essential to check the weather malaysia.
For families with children, Malaysia in January is an almost impossible project.
Going to Malaysia in January or February
Booking your ticket to leave in January is a good deal for some categories of travelers.
We will see for whom and why.
Travel to Malaysia in January / February : for whom?
Going to Malaysia in January is very interesting for the following profiles:
- the solo travelers : Whether you are a backpacker or a traveler who wants a minimum of comfort, taking advantage of this low season will allow you to find accommodation in Malaysia at reduced prices, especially compared to December.
- Couples : this month of January is ideal for couples travel. Why not plan a honeymoon, for example, or a small tour in Malaysia?
Some tips for leaving in January / February
Here are some tips for traveling in January in Malaysia:
- It is best to avoid the beginning of January: the school vacation periods (Christmas vacations in France) generally extend until the beginning of January. You can take advantage of better rates after the first or second week of January.
- You can find interesting offers for accommodation on Airbnb, or Booking.com
Malaysia in January : weather point
The weather of the past years: weather January 2018, January 2019, January 2020
It is quite difficult (if not impossible!) to predict the weather for your next vacation.
To get an idea, we usually consult the archives.
You can indeed, check the weather for the last three years: 2018, 2019 and 2020.
For that, you will find some interesting sites which will give you the weather in the past years as for example the site timeanddate.com
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in January 2018 2019 and 2020
Here is for example, the weather history on Kuala Lumpur over the last 3 years.
As you can see, for Kuala Lumpur in January, the weather is rather sunny, with a humidity level between 56 and 66%, and a maximum temperature around 36 °C.
Weather in Langkawi in January 2018 2019 and 2020
If you want to go to the island of Langkawi because you surely prefer to enjoy the beach, you can repeat this search.
You will find the following results for Langkawi weather in January 2018 2019 and 2020 :
Last year, in January 2020, you could enjoy excellent weather: sunny, and no rain.
In January 2019, the weather on Langkawi remains decent, but a bit more overcast.
In January 2018, it was pretty much the same as 2019, with a few rainy evenings.
Malaysia in February 2018 2019 and 2020
Also, here is the weather on past years: weather February 2018, weather February 2019, weather February 2020.
A perfect indicator to manage and prepare your vacations.
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in February 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Here is for example, the weather history of Kuala Lumpur over the last 3 years.
As you can see, for Kuala Lumpur in February, the weather is rather cloudy, with a humidity level between 52 and 82%, and a maximum temperature around 34 °C.
Weather on Langkawi in February 2018, 2019 and 2020.
If you want to go to Langkawi Island, because you surely prefer to enjoy the beach, you can repeat this search.
You will find the following results for Langkawi weather in February 2018 2019 and 2020 :
Last year, in February 2020, you could enjoy excellent weather: sunny, and no rain.
In February 2019, the weather on Langkawi was partially covered by clouds.
In February 2018, it was about the same weather conditions as 2019, with a little more showers.
Islands to visit in January and February
If you want to travel to the islands in Malaysia, you can for example go to the following islands:
- Penang: it is an island located in the west. The island is easily accessible with daily flights.
- Langkawi: enjoy the good weather and the Andaman Sea. As for Penang, Langkawi remains easily accessible by air. You can also reach Langkawi from Kuala Lumpur by bus and boat.
- All the islands on the east side should be avoided: Perhentian, Tioman, Redang, etc.
Cities to visit in January and February
You can plan to visit several cities in Malaysia during your January trip to Malaysia.
You will have to pass through Kuala Lumpur if you arrive from France.
So take the opportunity to walk around the must-see places in Kuala Lumpur: visit the Batu Caves, or the Petronas Tower (the twin towers), the KL Tower, etc.
You will find many malls in Kuala Lumpur, including KLCC, or the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. You will find many restaurants and stores for all budgets, and for all styles.
For the outlets, you can reach the Genting Highlands. Allow at least 1 hour’s travel time from the center of Kuala Lumpur.
Here is the route, for example, from the Fraiser Suites Hotel to the Genting Highlands.
Outside Kuala Lumpur, many tourists take the opportunity to visit the following places:
- Ipoh: capital of the state of Perak, about 180 km north of Kuala Lumpur. Count about 2h30 to 3h of road. It is best to stay at least one night.
You can visit several times like Kok Lok Tong Cave Temple, Birch Memorial Clock Tower, etc.
- Malacca: opposite to Ipoh, Malacca has become a tourist spot for all those who pass through Kuala Lumpur. It is necessary to plan between 2h15 and 2h45 of road, without pause, to join Malacca. You can visit the famous “Jonker Street”, for the night market, or the “A’Famosa Fort” which was built in 1511.
Some ideas for a tour in January in Malaysia
There are many possible tours in Malaysia for the month of January.
This will depend on your constraints:
- according to your budget,
- according to your time,
- whether you are traveling alone or with your family, with or without children, etc.
For example, for a couple, over 2 weeks, you can enjoy shopping and restaurants in Kuala Lumpur, then take a flight to Langkawi.
The best would be to combine it with a few days on the islands in Thailand like Kohlipe, etc.
- Weather Malaysia April March : what to do ? where to go?
- The weather Malaysia in May June: what to do? where to go?
- Weather Malaysia in July and August : what to do ? where to go?
- The weather Malaysia September October: what to do? where to go?
- Weather Malaysia in November December : what to do ? where to go?
Need help creating your trip to Malaysia?
We offer various services to organize your trip to Malaysia.
These services are designed to make your organization easier and save you time and money.
These services are tailored to each individual’s situation through private telephone conversations.
The ideal service if you have never been to Asia, or if you don’t want to waste your time searching for tours, hotels or flights.
If you are already familiar with Asia and Malaysia, this service might be enough for you.