Malaysia in November December : Where to go? What to do? Weather ?
Weather Malaysia in November December marks the beginning of the high season for the west coast islands (Langkawi and Penang) of Malaysia.
To make the most of your stay in Malaysia, we recommend that you read our article weather malaysia.
Malaysia in November/December means blue skies and minimal rain over Peninsular Malaysia.
While on the East Coast, weather and sea conditions are deteriorating.
On the eastern islands (Tioman, Perhentian, Redang) many hotels and resorts close until February – March.
Malaysia in November and December : a good time?
Malaysia in November / December is suitable for many types of tourists, but it is especially perfect for families.
You can escape the freezing cold of Europe and stay with your family in a beautiful island.
Children will surely enjoy spending their vacations in a tropical climate. Your children will have the chance to discover a new culture.
As for the whole year, for couples and solo travelers, there is really no problem.
If you can, take a tour between Malaysia and Thailand.
Some tips for travelling to Malaysia in November / December
Here are our recommendations for this time of year :
1. Avoid the eastern coast of Malaysia
In November and December, the climate of the islands on the East Malaysian side experiences heavy showers. However, the weather is much more unstable on this part of Malaysia. You may have very little rain.
2. Stay hydrated
During November and December, the west coast of Malaysia is hot and humid.
We recommend that you stay hydrated throughout the day.
3. Avoid long exposure to the sun
In the islands on the west side, it would be better to bring sunscreen and seek shade.
Don’t hesitate to check the ferries between Langkawi and Thailand, if you want to vary your pleasures: the beaches of the Thai islands are very nice, especially Koh-Lipe !
Malaysia in November / December : weather point
Weather conditions are an important factor to consider before staying in Malaysia.
Predicting the weather is not an easy thing to do, however, there is a solution to get a clear idea about the weather in Malaysia: you can check the weather history of Malaysia.
There are several sites that make weather data available to the general public. For our analysis, we will use timeanddate.com.
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in November 2018, 2019 and 2020
We will start our analysis with the month of November. Below, you will find the weather history of Kuala Lumpur over the last 3 years.
The capital of Malaysia is distinguished in November by :
1/ Sunny weather with partly cloudy skies and some showers.
2/ The humidity level is between 76 and 85%.
3/ Maximum heat close to 33°C.
Weather in Tioman in November 2018, 2019 and 2020
Here are the weather results for Tioman Island in November 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Last year, in November 2020, Tioman was usually severely impacted by the eastern monsoon.
In November 2019, Pulau Tioman experienced heavy rainfall.
As of November 2018, Tioman Island weather conditions are similar to 2019.
Malaysia in December 2018, 2019 and 2020
Weather in past years : weather December 2018, weather December 2019, weather December 2020
We will do the same analysis for Kuala Lumpur but this time during the month of December.
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in December 2018, 2019 and 2020
The capital of Malaysia is distinguished in December by :
Sunny weather with a few thunderstorms and light showers;
A humidity level is between 82 and 89% and
The maximum heat is around 32°C.
Weather in Tioman in December 2018, 2019 and 2020
During the month of December, the islands on the eastern side of Malaysia are impacted by the monsoon. Below is the weather history of Pulau Tioman in October 2020, 2019 and 2018:
The weather conditions in Pulau Tioman in December 2020 were stormy and rainy.
In December 2019, the weather on Tioman Island was rainy with a passage of several clouds.
In December 2018, Tioman’s weather conditions were similar to those in 2020.
Islands to visit in October and December
If you want to travel to the islands in Malaysia, you can for example go to the following islands:
- Penang : One of the most popular destinations in Malaysia, Penang is located in West Malaysia. The island is easily accessible with daily flights and buses.
- Langkawi : enjoy the nice weather and the Andaman Sea. As for Penang, Langkawi remains easily accessible by air. If you want to reach the island by land, you will have to take the bus from Kuala Lumpur and then a ferry.
Cities to visit in November
During your stay in Malaysia in November, you can map out an itinerary that will allow you to visit many cities in Malaysia.
While in Kuala Lumpur, visit the Batu Caves, Chinatown, Little India or the Petronas Tower, KL Tower, etc.
Outside Kuala Lumpur, many tourists take the opportunity to visit the following places:
- Ipoh: is the capital of the state of Perak. It is located 180 km north of Kuala Lumpur. Count about 2h30 to 3h of road. We recommend that you stay at least one night in Ipoh. Don’t worry, you won’t be bored. You can visit several temples like Kok Lok Tong Cave Temple, Birch Memorial Clock Tower, etc.
- Cameron Highlands: Cameron Highlands is a city with unique characteristics in Malaysia. The city is located 200 km north of the capital. Cameron Highlands is very popular for its lush and green environment. You can discover the tea fields as well as pick strawberries and relax.
Some additional information
Before going to Malaysia, it is necessary to know several information about the country:
- Malaysia is a country with a Muslim majority. Kuala Lumpur is a fairly open and casual city, however you will need to dress appropriately in other areas.
- Some islands do not have airports, the only means of transportation are the bus and the ferry.
- Some islands do not have ATMs. It would be wise to take as much cash as possible with you before you go to an island in Malaysia.
Need help creating your trip to Malaysia?
We offer different services to create your trip to Malaysia.
Saving time and money, these services will take into account your situation and your budget.
Through private phone calls, we will prepare a customized tour for you.
Our PLATINUM travel service
The ideal service if you have never been to Asia, or if you don’t want to waste your time searching for tours, hotels or flights.
Our SILVER travel service
If you are already familiar with Asia and Malaysia, this service might be enough for you.