Malaysia April and March: Where to go? What to do? Weather ?
Malaysia April and March heralds the end of the monsoon season on the east coast and a period of transition between monsoons. This means that winds become light and showers are localized and infrequent. If you want to know more about the weather in Malaysia in April, we invite you to read our article weather malaysia.
During the period Malaysia April and March, the eastern islands, such as Perhentian or Tioman see again the number of visitors increase. The weather across the central Malaysian peninsula and in the highlands is characterized by heavy rain. However, these short-lived showers provide welcome relief from the humidity. If you want to travel to Malaysia April, this guide is for you.
Going to Malaysia in April and March
Before going into details, we will be direct: for us, our favorite month to travel in Malaysia is April.
We look back on the past years, and our vacation in Malaysia in April.
We have always been satisfied and have had very little rain.
Traveling to Malaysia during March and April can be a very good choice for different categories of tourists.
For example :
Travel to Malaysia April / March : for whom?
March and April are ideal months for lovers of peace and quiet. Couples will have the choice to stay either in the eastern or peninsular islands. In March and April, couples will be able to travel through Malaysia without worrying about climate change.
Traveling in March and April is the low season in Malaysia. This means that solo travelers will have the opportunity to enjoy the sights without having to book everything in advance.
Some tips for leaving in March and April :
To ensure that your stay in Malaysia goes as planned, we recommend that you follow these tips:
1. Avoid central Peninsular Malaysia and the highlands during April
During the month of April, Malaysia experiences a climatic transition between the monsoons (East and West). Although the winds are not as strong as this, it is best to avoid central Peninsular Malaysia and the highlands.
2. Bring back warmer clothes
Malaysia is known for its warm weather, however if you are planning to go to Cameron Highlands during March and April, it would be wise to dress well.
Malaysia in March : weather report
Weather on past years : weather March 2018, weather March 2019, weather March 2020
Predicting the weather is not as easy as people think. To get a clearer idea of the weather in Malaysia in March, we usually consult the archives. In fact, you can check the weather for the last three years: 2018, 2019 and 2020. You will find some useful sites that will help you to have a clearer idea about the weather during the previous years like for example timeanddate.com.
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in March 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Kuala Lumpur will be for the vast majority of tourists, the first city to visit in Malaysia. We present the weather history of Kuala Lumpur over the past three years. As you can see, for Kuala Lumpur in March, the weather is rather sunny with passing clouds. Concerning, the humidity level, it is between 80 and 77%, and a maximum time around 32 °C.
Weather in Tioman in March 2018, 2019 and 2020
As previously stated, March marks the end of the eastern monsoon season. During this month, the island of Tioman revives its relationship with tourists.
Here are the weather results for Pulau Tioman in March 2020, 2019 and 2018:
Last year, in March 2020, the weather in Tioman was partly sunny.
In March 2019, the weather on Pulau Tioman was partly sunny with some showers.
In March 2018, the weather conditions in Pulau Tioman was marked by fog.
Malaysia in April 2018 2019 and 2020
Weather on past years : weather April 2018, weather April 2019, weather April 2020
We also provide you with the weather in April of past years: weather April 2018, weather April 2019, weather April 2020.
Weather in Kuala Lumpur in April 2018, 2019 and 2020.
As for the month of March, we present you the weather history of Kuala Lumpur for April over the previous three years. As you can see, for Kuala Lumpur in April, the weather is rather sunny with passing clouds. Concerning, the humidity level, it is between 79 and 58%, and a maximum time around 35 °C.
Weather in Tioman in April 2018, 2019 and 2020
April is a month of transition. Here are the weather results for Pulau Tioman in April 2020, 2019 and 2018 :
In April 2020, the weather in Pulau Tioman was sunny and without rain.
In April 2019, Tioman Island weather conditions were characterized by partly cloudy skies.
In April 2018, the weather was similar to 2019 except there were a few more showers.
Islands to visit in March and April
Here are our recommendations for islands to visit in March and April. For example, go to the following islands:
- Penang : Penang is located in the west of Malaysia, it is considered as the mythical and mysterious island of the country. The island is easily accessible with daily flights and buses.
- Redang : Redang is located in East Malaysia, it is an ideal destination for lovers of water activities and luxurious facilities. Moreover, Redang has a marine park where you can admire many marine species and enjoy the crystal clear fresh water.
- Perhentian (all those in East Malaysia)
- The islands of Borneo
Cities to visit in March and April
It is possible to travel through the cities of Malaysia during the month of March and April. For example, you can start in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. You have the opportunity to admire the tourist activities: Chinatown, the Batu Caves, Little India, the KL Tower or the Petronas Tower.
After your visit to Kuala Lumpur, you can visit the following places:
- Kuala Terengganu: Kuala Terengganu is located on the eastern side of Malaysia. Kuala Terengganu is the city known for its splendid mosques and its splendid sea-beds. On your way to Kuala Terengganu, you can visit: Maziah Palace, Tengku Tengah Zaharah or Taman Tamadun Mosque.
- Melaka: Melaka is located on the southwest side of Malaysia. In the past, Melaka was named Malacca, it was the seat of the Malay kingdom. Today; Melaka is one of the most influential and historic port cities in Southeast Asia.
Some ideas for tours
Before taking the road to Malaysia in March and April, it is imperative to pay attention to 3 criteria:
For example: a solo traveler who aspires to stay for 10 days in Malaysia, will have the opportunity to experience the city life in Kuala Lumpur and then discover the historical side of Malaysia in Melaka. He will also be able to savor the succulent dishes of Melaka.
- The weather Malaysia in January February : what to do ? where to go?
- The weather Malaysia in May June: what to do? where to go?
- Weather Malaysia in July and August : what to do ? where to go?
- The weather Malaysia September October: what to do? where to go?
- Weather Malaysia in November December : what to do ? where to go?