Visa Malaysia Algeria : What you need to know
We receive many messages from our Algerian friends.
This demonstrates the attraction of Algeria for Malaysia.
We send you a big salam, hoping to see you in Malaysia.
In the meantime, here is a short article about the visa for Malaysia.
The facilitation of the Malaysia Algeria Visa has increased the number of Algerian tourists going to Malaysia.
Check out our Malaysia tourism visa page, to know more about visas in general, for Malaysia.
Some information about the visa
Algeria is located on the North African coast. The country is famous for its beautiful desert and its oriental charm.
For several years, Algerian tourists have made Malaysia one of their favorite destinations in Asia.
This is due to several factors including religious proximity as well as the tropical climate which differs from the climate in Algeria.
If you are an Algerian citizen who wishes to travel to Malaysia, this guide is for you.
I. Exemption from the visa requirement
Algerian tourists do not need a Malaysia Algeria visa to stay in Malaysia.
Algerian citizens can stay in Malaysia for a period equivalent to 90 days.
Most Algerian tourists land at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
KLIA is located approximately 55 km south of Kuala Lumpur.
II. How to reach Malaysia from Algeria
Many airlines serve both destinations.
Among these companies are: Air Algérie, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Etihad Airways and others.
The flight time between the two destinations is estimated to be between 16 and 25 hours.
Keep in mind that there will be one or more stopovers.
Generally the stopovers are in the Middle East or in Asia.
It all depends on your choice of airline.
III. Algerian passport and visa extension
In 2020, the Algerian passport was ranked 62nd best passport in the world.
It allows Algerian citizens to visit 52 countries without a visa or with a visa on arrival.
If you are an Algerian citizen and intend to stay in Malaysia for more than 90 days, you will need to apply for a visa at the Malaysian Embassy located in Algiers, Algeria.
You cannot apply for a visa online.
The embassy may ask Algerian tourists to present several supporting documents for a request for a tourist stay longer than 90 days.
Among the supporting documents is the health declaration form.
This is a document that Algerian tourists must have before traveling to Malaysia.
The health declaration is a form that comes from the health authorities of the country of origin.
It contains information about the health of the tourist.
The health declaration determines the eligibility of the Algerian tourist to enter Malaysia.
IV. Embassy of Algeria, in Kuala Lumpur
Algeria has an embassy, based in Kuala Lumpur.
This could make it easier for you in certain procedures, if you are Algerian, and you are already in Malaysia.
Here is their contact information:
Address: 5, Jalan Mesra, Kampung Datuk Keramat, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: 03-2145 9604
Malaysia Algeria Visa : criteria to enter Malaysia
Although Algerian tourists can stay in the country for up to 90 days, they must meet several criteria to enter Algeria.
Theoretically, here are the criteria (as you all know, there is a big difference between theory and practice):
Please check the latest regulations with the authorities. Our list is only indicative.
Do not hesitate to correct us if any information is not correct or not up to date.
- Hold a passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- Have a passport with at least two blank pages for arrival and departure stamps.
- Have a return ticket to their country of origin or connection.
- Have proof of accommodation for the period of their stay.
- Pay an airport tax of RM40 on departure from any international flight.
- Algerian tourists have to pay RM5 on departure of any domestic flight.
- Algerian tourists wishing to leave the country may not bring back with them a sum of money equal to or greater than $10,000. To do so, a special application must be filed with the appropriate authorities.
- Authorization to bring back with them up to 200 cigarettes / 50 cigars and 225g of tobacco.
- Permission to bring with them one liter of spirits/wine/malt liquor, cosmetics, perfumes, soaps and toothpaste. The value of these goods must not exceed RM 200 free of import duties.
- If you want to move with your pet (pet, not other exotic animals, I know you Algerians … 🙂 ), the animals must have a health certificate issued since 7 days maximum, indicate that before their departure no case of rabies was noted in the animal during the previous 6 months and have a certificate of anti-rabies vaccination.
- Have a certificate of vaccination against yellow fever: personally, I do not know if he checks this… but do the necessary and do not play with your health.
P.S.: Remember to check that your vaccinations are up to date!
Even if you are 100% Algerian tah sah 🙂 no one is immune to disease.
Some additional information
The Maghrebi community in Malaysia is growing.
You will surely have no problem finding compatriots, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles… 😀
Whether from the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia), or from Eastern countries, expatriate foreigners are more and more numerous.
If you need some advice, don’t hesitate to contact us on social networks.
Our instagram page.